« AnteriorContinua »
9. Earl of Tyrone. 18. Hon. John Wynn, fon of lord Newburgh.
Lady Lucy Wheeler, relict of fir William Wheeler. 19. Elizabeth countess of Bristol. 24. Charles viscount Ranelagh. 25. Frances, countefs-dowager of Northampton.
27. Dr. Hugh Blair.
29. Sir Jofeph Andrews, bart. 30. Hon. baron Dimfdale, M.D. F. R. S.
-Sir George Leonard Staunton,
Dowager lady Leigh.
PROMOTIONS in 1800.
Jan. 1. Lieutenant-colonels, Wm. Gooch, of the 4th dragoons; Henry Chaytor, 1ft foot-guards; Stapleton Cotton, 27th light dragoons; Samuel Dalrymple, 3d foot-guards; Wm. Johnfton, ditto; George-Frederick Koehler, royal artillery Frederick-William Wollafton, 22d light dragoons; Rowland Hill, 90th foot; Wm. Stewart, 89th ditto; hon. Wm. Stapleton, 31ft light dragoons; Denzell Onflow, late 97th foot; John Murray, 84th ditto; Wm. Twifs, royal engineers; hon, Charles Hope, 7th dragoonguards; Rich. Mark Dickens, 34th foot; fir Geo. Pigot, bart. late 1 30th ditto; Frederick Maitland, 27th ditto; John Levefon Gower, on half-pay; Martin Hunter,48th foot; John ld. Elphinstone, 26th ditto; Richard vifcount Donoughmore, late 112th ditto; John Abercrombie, 53d ditto; Richard-William Talbot, 23d ditto; GeorgeCharles Braithwaite Boughton, on half-pay; Carr Beresford, 88th foot; John Evelegh, royal engineers; Orlando Manley, royal artillery; Alexander Shand, ditto; George earl of Dalhousie, zd foot; Tho.
Baker, late 123d ditto; Geo. Porter, late 117th ditto; Jas. Erikine, 15th light dragoons; Henry Williams, late 120th foot; hon. Geo. Napier, late Londonderry regiment; Francis earl Conyngham, ditto; hon. John Vaughan, late loyal Sheffield regiment; Cha. Baillie, 51ft foot; hon. Alex. Hope, 14th foot; John-Thomas Maddifon, late loyal Kelfo regiment; Peter Heron, late 2d battalion goth foot; Rob. Lawfon, royal artillery; Tho. Peter, on half-pay; Rob. Montgomery, 9th foot; Edw. Fage, royal artillery; hon. Montague Mathew, late 114th foot; John Ramfay, 3d foot-guards; William Earl Bulwer, on half-pay; John Delves Broughton, late 106th foot; Wm. Dyott, 25th ditto; Ronald Craufurd Ferguson, 31ft ditto; Andrew Gammell, of col. Edwards's fencibles; Rob. M'Farlane, 72d foot; Peter-John-James Dutens, Minorca regiment; Samuel Achmuty, 75th foot; Jas. Thewles, 4th dragoon-guards; John-Guftavus Croibie, 22d foot; to be colonels in the army.-Majors Rowland Edwards, 9th foot; Henry Baird, 54th ditto; hon. Alex. Murray, 4th ditto; Wm. Cullen, Scotch brigade; R. Sacheverell Newton, oth foot; John Wingfield, 4th dragoons; William-Charles Fortefcue, on half pay; Andrew Rofs, Reay fencibles; Gerrard Goffelin, late 130th foot; Rich. Lee, late 124th ditto; H. Lewis Dickenfon, 84th ditto; Wm. Pearce, late 123d ditto; Wm. Alexander, Effex fencibles; lord Henry Murray, late zd battalion goth foot; Andrew Hay, of a fencible regiment; Thomas-Robinfon Grey, 20th foot; FrederickPhilip Robinfon, late 134th ditto; Charles Campbell, late 132d ditto; Arthur Robert Dillon, late 115th ditto; hon. George Carnegie, late 110th ditto; Thomas-Partridge Thorpe,
Thorpe, on half-pay; Duncan Darrock, Rothfay and Caithnefs fencibles; Frederick Delme, late 103d foot; John Grey, late 113th foot; William-Henry Pringle, 4th ditto; hon. Rob. Clive, late 110th ditto; Wm. Hutchinfon, on halfpay; Anthony Egan, late Irish brigade; count Philip Walth, ditto; David Barry, ditto; William O'Shee, ditto; Jas. Conway, ditto; Francis Stewart, 79th foot; Geo. Jackfon, late 96th ditto; Wm. Tomlinfon, late 91ft ditto; Gordon Skelley, Scotch brigade; Tho. Hockley, Suffolk fencibles; Hugh Antrobus, Somerfet fencible infantry; John Murray, late 108th foot; Arthur Aylmer, 2d Manks fencibles; Wm. Maxwell, 32d foot; Wm. Say, late 99th ditto: John Mackenzie, 78th ditto; Edward Barnes, late 99th ditto; Henry Zouch, late 121ft foot; John Shee, 33d ditto; Edmund-Reilly Cope, late Dublin regiment; Henry Davis, 9th foot; hon. E. M. Packenham, 23d light dragoons; John Bagwell, late 30th ditto; Phoneas Riall, late 128th foot; Rob. Bell, 86th ditto; Rob. Campbell, late 2d battalion 82d ditto; William Brooke, late 96th ditto; Wm. Ponfonby, 5th dragoon-guards; Tho. Molyneux, late 104th foot; Wm. Roberts, late 135th ditto; Hugh Baillie, 86th ditto; Edw. Macdonnell, 46th ditto; Edward-Edwin Colman, 84th ditto; hon. J. Butler Wandesford, late 104th ditto; Geo. A. Armftrong, on half-pay; James-Francis Bland, late 107th foot; Auguftus Fitzgerald, ditto; Charles Smith, 22d light dragoons; John Bainbridge, Durham fencibles; JohnShaw Maxwell, 23d light dragoons; Benjamin Forbes, 75th foot; JohnCharles Tuffnell, on half pay; John Popham Watfon, late 117th foot; Haviland Smith, late Corfi
can corps; Wm. Peachy, late 108th foot; Geo. Vigoreux, late Corfican corps; Tho. Skinner, royal engineers; Thomas de la Beeche, late 123d foot; Cha. Newton, late 134th ditto; George-Lewis Hamilton, royal artillery; George Hart, 36th foot; Humphry Dennis, 9th dragoons; Geo. Glasgow, royal artillery; Geo. Johnfon, 28th foot; Hen. T. Thompfon, royal artillery; Rich. Donaldfon, 9th dragoons; Abraham Duvernette, royal artillery; Jas. Butler, ditto; Wm. Inglis, 57th foot; David Robertfon, 74th foot; Jas. Brag, royal artillery; William Douglas, 74th foot; Matthew Jenour, 39th ditto; James Wynch, 4th ditto; Charles Robifon, royal artillery; Tho. Judfon, ditto; Wm. Bentham, ditto; William-Frederick M'Bean, 6th foot; John Vincent, 49th ditto; Wm. Booth, royal engineers; John Borthwick, 71ft foot; Tho. Baffett, 5th ditto; William Wade, 3d dragoons; Geo. Lewis, royal artillery; Wm. Fyers, royal engineers; Sherborne Stewart, ift lifeguards; John Hadden, 11th foot; Rob. Lethbridge, 60th ditto; David Gordon, 48th ditto; Frederick De Chambault, late 109th ditto; Alex. Cumine, 75th ditto; William-Frederick Spry, 77th ditto; Edw. Mufgrave, 76th ditto; Patrick Maxwell, 19th light dragoons; to be lieutenant-colonels in the army.-Captains Charles Duperry, 37th foot; Stephens Collins, 61ft ditto; Charles Sutherland, 74th ditto; Edw. Wood, royal artillery; Tho. Paterfon, 19th light dragoons; Wm. Kerfteman, royal engineers; Samuel Swinton, 74th foot; JohnWilliam Evans, 19th ditto; Malcolm M Pherfon, 77th ditto; Geo. Johnstone, New South Wales corps; Wm. Buller, 9th foot, J. Killigrew Dunbar, 69th ditto; fir Geo. Leith, bart.
bart. 73d ditto; Geo. Cookfon,
Jan 4. Brevet. Captain the hon.
8. Lieutenant-general the hon. fir Charles Stuart; fir Henry Harvey, vice-admiral of the white; and fir Andrew Mitchell, vice-admiral of the blue; created knights of the bath.
11. Barracks. Thomas Frafer, gent. to be barrack-mafter at Fort-George, vice Maclean, fuperfeded.
18. Invalids. Lieut. Robert Bullock, from the half-pay of the late 132d foot, to be lieutenant in capt. Campbell's company of inva lids at Guernfey, vice Sawkins, deceafed.-Brevet. Major Walter Partridge, of the 5th foot, to be lieutenant-colonel in the army.-Garrifon. Lieut. Robert Robinfon, of the royal fufileers, to be townmajor in Prince Edward's Inland, vice Lyons.- Staff. Major George Stracey Smyth, of the 83d foot, to be deputy-quartermaster-general to the forces ferving in North America, with the rank of lieutenantcolonel in the army.-Hofpitalftaff. Hofpital-mate Wm. Tytler, to be apothecary to the forces.
21. Invalids. Enfiga Peter Whannell, from the late independent companies, to be enfign in major Gordon's independent company of invalids in Alderney, vice White, dec.-Hofpital-ftaff. John Wright, M. D. to be affiftant-inspector of hofpitals.
Wm. Hutchinfon, 49th foot; Taylor White, 81ft foot; Daniel Seddon, 22d light dragoons; to be lieutenant-colonels in the army.--Staff. Col. Geo. Milner, of the foot-guards, to be brigadier-general in the island of Jerfey only.-Hofpital-ftaff. Hofpital-inates William Warcup and Peter Travers, to be apothecaries to the forces.
24. Brevet. Majors Hugh Bowens, on half-pay; Henry Proctor, of the 43d foot; John Brown, royal engineers in Ireland; Jofeph Walker, royal artillery in Ireland;
29. John M'Mahon, efq. (late lieutenant-colonel in the 87th font) to be vice-treasurer and commiffioner of accounts to his royal highnefs the prince of Wales; and Robert Gray, efq. to be deputy commiffioner of accounts. Lieut. col. George Leigh, of the 10th, or prince's own light dragoons, to be his equèrry; and Mr. Gatkoin to be clerk of the ftables.
Feb. 1. Mr. Wm. M'Farlane, appointed keeper of the minute-book of the new feffion-houfe of Edinburgh, and Mr. John Thompson to be commiffary of the commissariot of Kirkcudbright.
- Edward Hamilton, efq.captain in the royal navy, and commander of his majefty's flip Surprife, knighted.
4. Brevet. Capt. W. A. Phipps, infpector of the royal military academy at Woolwich, to be major in the army.
15. His majefty has been pleafed to appoint the under-mentioned officers of the Eaft-India Company's forces to take rank by brevet in his majefty's army in the Eaft Indies only: Majors Thomas Holland, John Barton, Nicolas Carnegie, James Gordon, John Horfetord, Richard Humphries, Patrick-Alexander Agnew, Edward Gibbings, Robert Mackay, John-Tendal Evans, Heftor Macleane, Robert Cameron, Thomas Dallas, John Torin, Keith Macalifter, Charles-Frederick Mandeville, Richard, Gore, Francis- Wil(11) .
liam Bellis, John Little, John Wife-
18. Edward King, efq. of Lincoln's-inn-fields, vice-chancellor of the duchy and county palatine of
21. Right hon. Thomas lord Bolton, lord-lieutenant of the county of Southampton, and of the town of Southampton and county of the faine.
25. Brevet. Major fir William Lowther, bart. to be lieutenant-colonel in the army.
M'Niell, efq. to be his majefty's confulat Leghorn.--Jofeph Pringle, efq. to be his majefty's agent and conful general in the ifland of Madeira, vice Murray refigned.
19. Robert Coney and Robert Hickes, together with Charles Agar, John Pouchet, and Richard Bevan, efqrs. to be his majefty's commiffioners for appeals and regulating the duties of excise.
21. Sir Charles Whitworth, ' K.B. created a baron of the kingdom of Ireland, by the title of baron Whitworth, of Newport Prat, county of Mayo.
22. Sir Walter Farquhar, bart. to be phyfician to his royal highnefs the prince of Wales.
April 2. Lieut. col. John Douglas, late commander of a party of marines ferving on board the Tigre, knighted. 5. Right rev. William lord bishop of Chefter, to be bishop of Bangor, vice Warren, deceafed.
8. Hofpital-ftaff. — - Frank, M. D. to be infpector of hofpitals to the forces. Purveyor Robert Patrick, and furgeon Jamiefon, to be affiftant-infpectors of hofpitals to the forces. Surgeon Cope, to be infpector of field. hofpitals to the forces. To be purveyor to the forces: furgeon Geo. Dickfon, from the 12th light dragoons. To be deputy-purveyors to the forces: Hofpital-mate Gunfor, and Wm. James, gent.Garrifon. Surgeon Alex. M'Dowell, from the 60th foot, to be garrison furgeon of the ifland of St. Lucia, vice Eifhop, deceased.
March 4. Dr. Wm. L. Brown, principal of Marefchal college in Aberdeen, to be one of his majesty's chaplains in ordinary in Scotland.
4. Staff. Colonel John Stewart, of the royal artillery, to be brigadiergeneral at Gibraltar only,
15. Hon. Arthur Paget, to be his majesty's envoy-extraordinary and minifter plenipotentiary at the court of his Sicilian majefty. Hon. William F. Wyndham, his majefty's envoy extraordinary at Florence, to aflume the additional character of minifter-plenipoten
May 10. Staff. Col. Alexander Buchanan, of the 37th foot, to be brigadier-general in the Leetiary at that court,Archibald ward lands only.-Hofpital-staff,
12. Hofpital-staff. Jofeph Phelan, M. D. to be physician to the forces.
Garrison-furgeon Walters, to be affiftant-inspector of hofpitals to the forces in Guernsey.Barracks. B. Weftropp Atkins, to be affiftant-barrack-mafter to the fouth-weft fide of the Ifle of Wight, vice Menzies, deceased.
13. Brevet. Major-general Henry Bowyer, to be lieutenant-general in British North America only. Hon. col. John Hope, to be brigadier-general in the Mediterranean only. Staff. Brevet-major Charles Neville, to be deputy-quarter-mafter-general to the British troops ferving in the kingdom of Portugal, with the rank of lieutenant-colonel in the army, vice lieutenant-colonel Lindenthal, refigned. -Garrifon. Major-general William Goodday Strutt, to be governor of Quebec. Lieut.-col. Sam. Graham, of the 27th foot, to be deputy-governor of Stirling castle.
24. Henry William Majendie, D.D. one of the canons refidentiary of St. Paul, London, to be bishop of Chefter, vice Cleaver tranflated to Bangor.
The earl of Carysfort to be his majesty's envoy-extraordinary and minifter-plenipotentiary to the court of Berlin.
June 10. Alexander baron Bridport, K.B. admiral of the white, and vice-admiral of Great Britain, created a viscount of Great Britain, by the title of Viscount Bridport, of Cricket St. Thomas, county of Somerfet.-Right hon. Henry Dundas, to be keeper of his majefty's privyfeal of Scotland, vice Mackenzie, deceased.
14. Thomas Wallace, efq. to be one of his majefty's commiffioners for the management of the affairs of India.
19. William Leighton, Edwin Joynes, Roger Kerrifon, John Everitt, Thomas Carr, Matthew Bloxam, Robert Burton, John Brazier, Alexander Gordon, James Earle, Beaumaris Rufh, and Robert Graham, efqrs. knighted.
24. Brevet. Capt. Hampfon P. Thomas, of the 64th foot, to be major in the army.-Staff. Assistantcommiffary Cha. Wright, to be deputy-commiffary to the forces under the command of general fir Ralph Abercromby, James Pipon, ditto.
17. Brevet. Captain Peter Beaver, of the 27th foot, to be major in the army.