« AnteriorContinua »
(eastward) was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. 21. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every gate being of one pearl, and the street was pure gold, like transparent glass.
22. But I saw no temple therein; for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23. And the city had no need of the sun, nor of the moon, to shine in it; for God's glory enlightens it, and the Lamb is its light. 24. And the nations of them who are saved shall walk in its light; and the kings of the earth yield their glory and honour to it. 25. And its gates shall not be shut at all by day, tho' there shall be no night there. 26. And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. 27. And nothing unclean shall enter into it, nor that practiseth aboinination and falsehood; but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.
CHAP. XXII. THE RIVER OF THE WATER OF LIFE. Then he shiewed me a pure river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, (even grace, mercy, peace, and joy), proceeding from the throne of God and the Lamb. 2. In the midst of the street of it, and on each side of the river, was the tree of life; (it also was in the middle between its street, and the river being on each side;) it bare twelve kinds of fruits, and yielded one kind every month; and its leaves were for the healing of the nations, (to pre. vent diseases). 3. And there being no more curse, (Gen, iii. 17.) but the throne of God and the Lamb being in it, 4. And his servants serving him, seeing his face, and his name being on their forebeads, (Exod. xxviii. 36, 38.) 5. And no night being
there, they need no lamps, nor the sun's light, for the Lord God enlightens them; and they shall reign (as kings) for ever.
6. Theo he said to me, These words are faithful and true; and the Lord God (of the spirits) of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew his servants the things which must soon be.
7. Behold, I come quickly; blessed is he that keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.
8. Now, I John saw and heard those things And, having heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the angel's feet who shewed me them.
9. Then he saith to me, See thou do it not; for I am a fellow-servant with thee, and thy brethren the prophets, and them who keep the words of this book. Worship God.
10. Now, he (viz. Christ), said to me, Seal not the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near.
11. Let him that is unjust, be unjust still; and him that is polluted, be polluted still; and him that is righteous, be righteous still; and him that is holy, be holy still.
12. Now, I come quickly with my reward, to recompence every man according to his work.
13. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last : 14. | Happy are they who do his commands, that they may have a right to the tree of life, and enter the gates into the city. 15. For without are (base men as) dogs, (for lust and cruelty), and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whoever loveth or maketh a lie.
16. I Jesus sent my messenger to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star. 17. Now, the Spirit and (church adorned as) the bride say, Come-And let him that hears, say, Come-And let him that is thirsty come.
whoever will, let him receive the water of life (eternal joy and happiness) freely.
18. Now I testify to every man, who hears the words of the prophecy of this book, If any shall add to these things, God shall add to him the plagues written in this book: 19. And if any shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and the holy city, and from the things written in this book.
20. He who testifies these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
W. LANG, Pripter, Glasgow