« AnteriorContinua »
RELIGIOUS DOCTRINES, RELIGIOUS AND MORAL
OF THE BIBLE;
A SEPARATE MORAL SELECTION
FROM THE APOCRYPHA:
A TRANSCRIPT OF THE RECEIVED TEXT:
Intended for the use of Families and Schools.
BY RODOLPHUS DICKINSON, Esq.
PUBLISHED BY THE COMPILER.
Roderic M. Colton, Printer.
HARVARD COLLEGE LIBRARY
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
5398.157325-July ou, 1931
DISTRICT OF MASSACHUSETTS, TO WIT: District Clerk's Office. BE it remembered, that on the twenty-fourth day of February, A. D. 1815, and in the thirtyninth year of the Independence of the United States of America, RODOLPHUS DICKINSON, of the said district, has deposited in this office the title of a book, the right whereof he claims as author, in the ards following, to wit:
"A Compendium of the religious doctrines, religious and moral precepts, historical and descriptive beauties of the Bible; with a separate moral selection from the Apocrypha; being a transcript of the received text: intended for the use of families and schools: Second edition, revised, corrected, and enlarged: by RODOLPHUS DICKINSON, Esq. Author of Law Tracts, Geographical publications, &c.
In conformity to the act of the congress of the United States, entitled, an act for the encouragement of learning, by securing the copies of maps, charts, and books, to the authors and proprietors of such copies, during the times therein mentioned;" and also to an act, entitled, act supplementary to an act, entitled, an act for the encouragement of learning, by securing the copies of maps, charts, and books, to the authors and proprietors of such copies, during the times therein mentioned; and extending the benefits thereof to the arts of designing, engraving and etching historical and other prints."
WILLIAM S. SHAW, Clerk of the District of Massachusetts.
CHAP. 1. Attributes and Government of God 15
2. Attributes, Life,and Example, of our
14. Crucifixion, Death, and Burial, of
17. Duties of Christian Brethren
20. Duties of Husbands and Wives
21. Duties of Magistrates and Citizens 87
23. Duties of Masters and Servants
24. Duties of Ministers and People
25. Duties of Parents and Children
35. Frailty and Imperfection of Man 116
36 Fraud, Oppression, and Violence 119
38. Future Happiness and Misery
40. Government of the Thoughts, Lan-
50. Kingdom and Church of our Lord
56. Miracles of our Lord Jesus Christ 165.
57. Nativity of our Lord Jesus Christ 173
58. Original State of Man, Sin, the
59. Parables of our Lord Jesus Christ 177
65. Profanity, Blasphemy, and Perjury 192