« AnteriorContinua »
me, through Jefus Chrift our Lord; in the fulleft Senfe of whofe Words, I pray to be heard for myself, and all Mankind.
Our Father, &c.
Though these three Prayers are all 'that are particularly provided for the Use ' of Servants, yet it is hoped, they will not 'look upon themselves excufed from ufing 'others; but that when they have Leisure ' and Opportunity, they will make Use of 'fome of the Morning and Evening Prayers 'for private Perfons, as well as fome of the other Prayers for the intermediate Times ' of the Day.'
Ejaculations on feveral Occafions.
Acts of Adoration and Praife.
BLESS LESS the Lord, O my Soul; O Lord, my God, thou art become exceeding glorious, thou art cloathed with Honour and Majesty!
2. O Lord, how manifold are thy Works, in Wisdom haft thou made them all; the Earth is full of thy Riches!
3.. To the only wife God, our Saviour, be Glory and Majefty, Dominion, and Power, both now and ever. Amen.
4. Be thou exalted, Lord, in thine own Strength, fo will we fing and praise thy Power.
5. Bleffing and Honour, Glory and Power, Thanksgiving and Praise, be unto him that fitteth upon the Throne, and to the Lamb for ever and ever..
6. Praise the Lord, O my Soul, and all that is within me praise his holy Name: Praise the Lord, O my Soul, and forget.
ot all his Benefits.
7. O magnify the Lord our God, and fall down before his Footstool: for he is Holy.
8. Bleffed be the God and Father of our Lord Jefus Chrift, which according to his abundant Mercy, hath begotten us again unto a lively Hope of an Inheritance, incorruptible and undefiled, that fadeth not: away.
9. Thy Righteoufhefs, O God, is very high: Great Things, O Lord, are they which thou haft done : O God, who is like. unto thee!
Acts of Contrition, with Petitions for Pardon and Grace, that we may reform and amend our Lives.
Remember not the Sins and Offences of my Youth, but according to thy Mercy think thou upon me.
2. For thy Name's Sake, O Lord, be merciful unto my Sin, for it is great.
3. Enter not into Judginent with thy Servant, O Lord, for in thy Sight shall no Man living be justified.
4. Have Mercy upon me, O God, after thy great Goodnefs; according to the Multitude of thy Mercies, do away mine Offences.
5. Who can tell how oft he offendeth? O cleanse thou me from my fecret Faults..
6. Order my Steps in thy Word, and let not any Iniquity have Dominion over me..
7. Shew me thy Ways, O Lord, and teach me thy Paths..
8. Pity, O Lord, the prefent Frailty of thy Servant, and fuffer not my Blindness to lead me into Ruin.
9. Suffer not my Frailties to become a Custom, left I die impenitent and perish without Recovery.
10. O thou great Physician of Souls, eure me of all my finful Diftempers, and fix me in an even and conftant Holinefs.
11. Imprint on my Mind this important Truth; that the Pleafures of Sin are short and momentary, but the Pain and Torment eternal; and, that the best that can follow is a bitter Repentance.
12. O Almighty Lord God, mortify and kill all Vices in me; and fo ftrengthen me with thy Grace, that by the Innocence of my Life, and the Conftancy of my Faith, I may glorify thy great and holy Name.
13. Grant me the true Circumcifion of the Spirit, that my Heart and all my Members being mortified from all worldly and carnal Lufts, I may in all Things obey thy bleffed Will.
14. Grant that I being regenerate and made thy Child by Adoption and Grace, may daily be renewed by thy Holy Spirit, till I come to the Measure of the Stature of the Fulnefs of Chrift, unto a perfect Man.
15. Enable me to love my Enemies, and to do good to those that hate me, me, and pray for them that defpitefully ufe me, and perfecute me, in Obedience to the Command,
and in Imitation of the Example of my great Lord and Mafter Chrift Jefus.
Occafional Fjaculations for our Advancement and Improvement in a Chriftian Life.
2. O let not mine Heart be inclined to any evil Thing; let me not be occupied in ungodly Works.
3. Ó hold thou up my Goings in thy Paths, that my Footsteps flip not.
4. Caufe me to know the Way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my Soul unto thee.
5. Make thou thy Servant to delight in that which is good.
6. Grant that all carnal Affections may die in me, and that all Things belonging to the Spirit may live and grow in me.
7. Deliver me, O Lord, from the Occafions of Sin, and the Importunities of fuch as delight in Folly. Deliver me from the Snare of enticing Company, and the dangerous Infection of ill Example.