« AnteriorContinua »
The Seven Penitential Psalms
Are the 6th, 320, 38th, 51st, 1020, 130th,
Our Saviour's Sermon on the Mount
Is the 5th, 6th, and 7th chapters of St. Matthew.
The Eight Beatitudes, Matt. v. iii, &c. 1. Blessed are the poor in spirit : for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
2. Blessed are they that mourn : for they shall be comforted.
3. Blessed are the meek : for they shall inherit the earth.
4. Blessed are they which do bunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
5. Blessed are the merciful : for they shall ob
6. Blessed are the pure in beart: for they shall see God.
7. Blessed are the peacemakers : for they shall be called the children of God.
8. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
CONTENTS OF THE COLLECTS,
Expressed under different heads.
AMictions ; for deliverance and support under
them, 14, 26, 47. Charity, 20. Chastity, 22 Christ, for the imitation of, 27, 30. Church, universal, 7, 16, 28, 33. Church, for the peace of it, 44, 55, 61. Comfort, spiritual, 37. Contrition, 21. Enemies, for deliverance from, 24. Example of Christ, for the imitation of, 27, 32. Faith, right, 39. Faith, Hope, and Charity, 53. Grace, 4, 23, 30, 33, 40, 46, 62. Heavenly desires, 36. Heaven, for the enjoyment of God in, 11, 17, 37. Humility and patience, 27. Illumination, or a right judgment in all things, 12,
38, Intercession, general, 46. Judgments, for deliverance from, 18, 19, 23. Love of God and his laws, 34, 45, 46, 53. Love and Charity, 20. Ministers, that their labours may be successful, 3.
CONTENTS OF THE COLLECTS.
Mortification, 10, 29.
under, 4, 15, 23. Thoughts, against evil ones, 35. Works, good, fruitfulness in, 38, 40, 48, 50, 52,
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up." ---Ps. v.
Awake my soul, and with the sun
Glory to thee, who safe hast kept,
Lord, I my vows to thee renew,
Direct, control, suggest this day,
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
“ Behold he :hat keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is thy keeper, the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.”---Ps. cxxi
Glory to thee, my God, this night,
Forgive me, Lord, for thy dear Son,
Teach me to live, that I may dread