« AnteriorContinua »
AND ADMINISTRATION OF
OTHER RITES AND CEREMONIES
ACCORDING TO THE USE OF THE
United Church of England and Ireland:
The Psalter or Psalms of David,
Long Primer 24's.
POINTED AS THEY ARE TO BE SUNG OR SAID IN CHURCHES.
PRINTED AT THE CLARENDON PRESS,
BY SAMUEL COLLINGWOOD AND CO.
PRINTERS TO THE UNIVERSITY.
Sold by E. GARDNER, Oxford Bible Warehouse, Paternoster Row, and by G. B. WHITTAKER, Ave-Maria Lane, London; By H. MOZLEY and Son, Derby; and by T. WILSON and Sons, York.
CONTENTS OF THIS BOOK.
1. THE Preface.
2. Concerning the Service of the Church.
3 Concerning Ceremonies, why some be abolished, and some retained.
4. The Order how the Psalter is appointed to be read.
5. The Order how the rest of the holy Scripture is uppointed to be read.
6. A Table of Proper Lessons and Psalms.
7. The Calendar, with the Table of Lessons.
8. Tables and Rules for the Feasts and Fasts through the whole Year.
9. The Order for Morning Prayer.
10. The Order for Evening Prayer.
11. The Creed of St. Athanasius.
12. The Litany.
13. Prayers and Thanksgivings upon several occasions. 14. The Collects, Epistles, and Gospels, to be used at the Ministration of the holy Communion, throughout
15. The Order of the Ministration of the holy Communion. 16. The Order of Baptism both Publick and Private. 17 The Order of Baptism for those of Riper Years. 18. The Catechism.
19. The Order of Confirmation.
20. The Form of Solemnization of Matrimony.
21. The Order for the Visitation of the Sick, and the Com munion of the Sick.
22. The Order for the Burial of the Dead.
23. The Thanksgiving of Women after Child-birth.
24 A Commination, or denouncing of God's anger and judgements against Sinners.
25. The Psalter.
26. Forms of Prayer to be used at Sea.
27. A Form of Prayer for the 5th Day of November.